Wednesday, 5 October 2022 | 08:00 – 18:15 GMT+8
ISA Digital Transformation Conference—Malaysia
ISA will be partnering with PETRONAS to bring together subject matter experts who will share presentations, end-user case studies and personal experiences that explore the acceleration of safety processes through Digital Transformation. This conference will dive into technology applications that accelerate design, certification, and start-up processes, while improving safety and efficiency.
Don't forget to join us for the pre-event, live and in-person cybersecurity training before the conference! Separate registration fees apply.
In-Person Training Option: IC32
Two-day ISA Technical Training Course
Date: 3-4 October
Dewan Seri Seroja, Chancery Place,
Jalan Diplomatik 2/2, Diplomatik Presint, 62050 Putrajaya,
Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Malaysia
Using the ISA/IEC 62443 Standards to Secure Your Control Systems (IC32)
Instructor: Marco Ayala
CEUs/PDH Credits: 14/1.4
The move to using Ethernet, TCP/IP, and web technologies in supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and process control networks has exposed these systems to the same cyberattacks that have wreaked havoc on corporate information systems. This course provides a detailed look at how the ISA/IEC 62443 standards framework can be used to protect critical control systems. It also explores the procedural and technical differences between the security for traditional IT environments and those solutions appropriate for SCADA or plant floor environments.
You will be able to:
- Discuss the principles behind creating an effective long term program security
- Interpret the ISA/IEC 62443 industrial security framework and apply them to your operation
- Define the basics of risk and vulnerability analysis methodologies
- Describe the principles of security policy development
- Explain the concepts of defense in depth and zone/conduit models of security
- Analyze the current trends in industrial security incidents and methods hackers use to attack a system
- Define the principles behind the key risk mitigation techniques, including anti-virus and patch management, firewalls, and virtual private networks
Learn from the Experts
ISA is bringing together subject matter experts who will share presentations on:
- Barriers to value in implementing digital transformation in 2022
- Investing in digital transformation in 2022
- Monetizing digital transformation
- Bridging the gap in digitizing new fields
- The future of DCS: open process automation
- Remote operations
- Utilizing control value diagnostics
- Adoption of ISA/IEC 62443 into Malaysian standards
- Electromagnet monitoring and predicting SOV failure
- 5G technology deployment in PETRONAS and its key challenges
- Selection of instrumentation for monitoring, measurement, and verification (MMV) of CO2 sequestration for offshore carbon capture storage (CCS) project in Malaysia
All attendees will receive:
- Certificate of Completion with PDH credits
- Access to recorded presentations and virtual booths for 30 days after the event
Event: ISA Malaysia Tech Talk 2022 – Future Proofing Automation Workforce towards Energy Transition and Industrial Sustainability
Date: 6 October 2022
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Light Breakfast and Lunch Inclusive)
Venue: Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur
- Technical Sharing on Digital Plant Automation at PrefChem by our past President, Mr Ir VR Harindran
- Roundtable panel discussion moderated by our current ISA President, En Sharul
- Networking Breakfast, break, and lunch
International Society of Automation
The International Society of Automation (ISA) is a non-profit professional association of engineers, technicians, and management engaged in industrial automation. We have 75 years of history developing standards, education, and resources about automation systems and processes—we understand the complexity of your business, and we can help you develop strategies to harness new technology and drive performance improvements.
ISA is the author of the ISA/IEC 62443 Industrial Automation and Control Systems Security series of standards, the world’s only consensus-based cybersecurity standards for automation and control system applications.
Developed by a cross-section of international cybersecurity subject-matter experts from industry, government, and academia, the evolving standards represent a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity.
Sign Up for ISA Events Emails
Get the latest updates and information about ISA conferences and events. Subscribe to our email list now!